The Coalition of Wound Care Manufacturers is the respected and credible unified voice for manufacturers of wound care products and technologies. We advocate and educate private/public payers and the government entities to ensure patient access to wound care products and services.
Founded in 2000, the Coalition of Wound Care Manufacturers' mission is to:
- Serve as an advocacy organization for a regulatory, economic and legal climate that promotes patient access to wound care products and their corresponding services.
- Unite wound care manufacturers to speak with one voice to regulatory agencies and legislative bodies and use the collective power to effect positive change in the wound care industry
- Impact regulatory, legislative, and public affairs issues that affect wound care manufacturers.
- Provide members with targeted advocacy, information, education and guidance to optimize success in the complex world of healthcare legislation and regulations
- Impact policy issues by positioning the Coalition of Wound Care Manufacturers as a highly visible, respected and credible resource of industry information for the stakeholders that control or have influence on the coding, coverage and payment rules under Medicare and Medicaid for wound care products:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and its contractors, including: Durable Medical Equipment Medicare Administrative Contractor [DMEMAC] and A/B MAC Medical Directors; Pricing Data Analysis Contractor (PDAC), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovations (CMMI)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- State Medicaid Agencies, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MEDPAC), Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP)
advocacy-focused & action-oriented
The Coalition is advocacy-focused, action-oriented and results-focused. Our work plan
is dedicated solely to address wound care manufacturers' most important public policy issues – with a specific focus on Medicare and Medicaid coding, coverage and reimbursement of wound care products, as well as other wound-relevant policies, FDA guidances and regulatory issues.
Learn more about the Coalition